About Me

I feel the wanderlust and the call of the open highway. Which is good, because I drive cars for a living. But I'm a writer, and someday hope to once again make my living using my writing skills.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

GOOD FRIENDS AROUND AMERICA

As I travel around the USA, I am blessed to have many friends that let me stay over at their homes. They are all good and kind people who open their hearts to me, and only ask in return that I tell them my latest wacky stories from the road.

I always bring food to their homes, and a bottle of something if they like to drink. I like to do unto others as much as I can. I firmly feel that there is not enough kindness in the world, and that we should all try to help each other whenever possible. It's just the right thing to do. I offer help to people every day, in all kinds of situations. And in turn, perfect strangers have offered me help unexpectedly just when I need it the most.

I stayed with a friend in Ohio for nearly 3 weeks, waiting to get another car going anywhere. The company gave me a minivan going to California, and I was thrilled. Then as I was driving it, they called and said "Ooops, that minivan is going to New Hampshire instead." So I turned around and headed to New England instead of the west coast. As soon as I delivered it, there was another car in Boston headed to Detroit. And once I dropped off in Detroit, there was yet another car headed to Chicago.

As I rode the city bus in Detroit, an elderly woman spoke to me. She said "You got God all over you. You have a special aura, you're meant to do great things. God is watching over you. Believe in yourself, baby. And always feed the ducks." Well, oddly enough, I happen to have a unique fascination for ducks, and even wrote a script about them called KILLER DUCKS. But that's another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment