About Me

I feel the wanderlust and the call of the open highway. Which is good, because I drive cars for a living. But I'm a writer, and someday hope to once again make my living using my writing skills.

Friday, December 18, 2009

NUTTY, CRAZY ROAD ADVENTURES

Well, the driving fool continues to criss-cross the country and sees lots and lots of crazy things. There was the incident in a bathroom in Chicago, where a large man insisted on taking my money, and when I said NO he threw me face first against a wall and began pummeling me in the back of the head (with his fist, wearing many rings). And the elderly man who wanted me to drive his car from Boca Raton to New Jersey, and filled his Buick with over 25 large plants leaving no room for my suitcase and very little room for me. His instructions were to water all the plants twice a day, and to leave the windows cracked at night, but to wake up once an hour to be sure it wasn't raining outside. After I dropped off in New Jersey, I had to go to NYC to catch a train, and I quickly learned not to go to NYC at Friday rush hour in the rain. Everywhere I went, people shoved me and yelled "Out of my way!" I learn new and exciting things each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment